Sunday, November 29, 2009

Green Holiday Ideas


Greetings!! I am going to commit to keeping a consistent log of all of my comings and goings from Thanksgiving to the New Year, 2010. I am doing this for several reasons.

#1: My goal in the New Year is to write to be published. So I figure, a blog is a great way to get started with regular writing practice.
#2: I want to hold myself accountable to not making ANY purchases in a retail, big box store from now until January 1, 2010, excluding local grocery purchases.
#3: I want to be practical and reasonable with holiday consumption so that I resume financial and personal health in 2010 without debt or weight gain.
#4: I am 100% committed to learning about, sharing, and practicing sustainable, eco-friendly holiday practices.

Now, as a mom to two little girls, ages 5 and 1, with a family who celebrates Hanukkah, Christmas and Solstice, I can't imagine that this is going to be easy for us. I anticipate overriding many urges to stop in at Target for a quick pick-up. But I am feeling really good about this decision. I want to start my 2010 New Year's resolutions before January 1st and maybe will have gained some great momentum on the way!


No comments: